Friday, January 2, 2009

Venture Capital

Why The Change : I have worked for 10 years now. I needed to support a few people . And I had no clue. So I took the beaten track in my part of world- Study Engineering , take up a job. The job pays me well. Yet I am looking elsewhere. Why? Because I feel I have far more to offer. My life is supposed to be better than the present job offers. The high decibel sound, the incessant phone calls, erratic life styles of 8 days week with 8 nights a month at work, the dust the dirty bathrooms.. there are so many killers. When I look my seniors ( even 10 year seniors) , I find that is not where I want to see myself 10 years down the line. My foresee my career stagnating. For last 8 years I am doing almost the same job & for next 10 years it should remain the same. The sameness does not bother me- that I am not growing does!

Yet the most I detest is the low utilization of my abilities. I am meant to be much more than to keep vigil over equipments.

I am exploring my options. I am exploring my career options. Without bias. What interests me. What the world is interested in. Is there a match? That is one clue to choosing.

Once I find the "interest" part, I will do all it takes to make myself marketable.
Why Venture Capital job for me
A friend suggested Venture Capital World . It appeals to me too in keeping with my interests & my past activities too. I have little experience however. But that can wait. Interest and burning sense of passion is all that matters. Will I have that for Venture Capitalism? - Lets explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment